Shot peening is a consisting of hammering the surface of a workpiece by projection of beads.
Shot-peening is an important and often critical process for the aeronautics industry. This ancient technique, used throughout history, consists of hammering the surface of a component by striking it with hard balls (shot) to induce pressure constraints. These will stabilize the component and increase its durability.
- DEBURRING: Removing detachable burrs from any type of component and material.
- DEOXIDATION: Eliminating corrosion.
- DESCALING: Restoring a components original appearance.
Areas of application
- Automobile, mechanical components, tools, munitions ...
- Conveyor shot-peening machine