Abrasive material and high speed air projection
The abrasive action of wind-blown sand against hard objects (rocks, monuments) has been known and understood for thousands of years. This technique is based on subjecting a component to a high speed air flow containing an abrasive material.The materials will gradually wear away the surface of the article, so the abrasive products are chosen carefully to produce the desired result.
- DEBURRING: Removing detachable burrs from any type of component and material.
- DEOXIDATION: Eliminating corrosion.
- DESCALING: Restoring a components original appearance.
- MICRO SHOT PEENING: Sand-blasting with glass beads.
- powdered glass, brass, stainless steel…
- steel shot and beads, peach pits, plastic, corundum…
Areas of application
- Automobile, medical, clocks and watches, aeronautics, jewellery, connectors…
- Sand-blasters: manual, barrel, carousel.